Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Johann Sebastian Bach


Johann Sebastian Bach was a very famous composer. He was 5ft 7 ½ in tall and he was always in a fight. He had 20 children. Some of his kids became composers like him, but their father, Bach, was the best of them all. Bach died in the year 1750, but when he was still alive he wrote lots of music.

He wrote a couple that I am listening to right now. Each one has a different sound. There are six Brandenburg Concertos, but I am focusing on no. 3 in G major. I am also listening to Toccata & Fugue in D minor, which is well known for being in the Fantasia movie. In the last work, Passacaglia and Fugue in C minor, it is just an organ playing.

The first piece I have been listening to for the last few weeks is called The Brandenburg Concerto no.3 in G major. The music is soft compared to the other music. The others all start out with a dramatic entrance. Almost through the whole song the beat is the same. What I mean is it stays in the same pitch most of the song. The music sounds like a piece played at a fancy dress ball. When you see movies which the characters go to the ball, you always hear music going on and I think this song would work perfectly.

The music in Toccata and Fugue in D major sounds like ballerinas dancing. It's almost like this music is playing for their performance. This song is for people who like classical music. The instruments make the music sound high pitched and loud. The music is very quick, but then it slows down a bit, then starts right back up again. This song is good with the entire orchestra playing a part. I think it's cool; I don't know about what others think of this music.

Passacaglia and Fugue in C minor is the last piece by Bach that I've been listening to for the past few weeks. This music only has the organ playing. The music is very loud and it sounds very deep to me. Organs tend to be shrill and not low when played. This is my favorite music by Bach, because it is loud and sounds great. What do you like about classical music?

No comments:

Post a Comment