Friday, December 7, 2012

Christmas


A while ago I wrote a blog entry about the holidays. If you want to see it, just scroll down until you find it! In my family, we have a couple of routines and ceremonies that we do every year for Christmas. The first is, we open our pajamas on Christmas Eve. Also, we light candles before we go to bed. We think of some things that we want to change. On Christmas morning, my parents wake me up, and after a few minutes they ring the bell. When we open our doors, we have stockings hanging on the doorknobs. What are your Christmas holiday traditions?


Helping people that are in need during the holidays is important. My mom runs a family fund drive every year and I help her. You guys are probably wondering what a family fund drive is! It's a program that assists 3 or 4 families have a Christmas. People donate money or items and we deliver the gifts to the families. My mom says it's fun to her, because she can help people and she loves shopping. I don't really like to shop all that much, but I still do it.



Every year I donate toys I don't want any more or buy stuff that is needed. I helped the organizers go shopping this year. It was tiring and not all that fun, because I don't really like to walk around in stores all day! After the shopping was done though, we sorted all the gifts and took pictures of what was purchased. When the pictures were done, we relaxed and then the next day, we brought the presents to the waiting families. I might help them again next year too; I don't know yet. Do you like to help people who are in need?

No comments:

Post a Comment