Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Percks Of Being A Wallflower Essay


Perks Of Being A Wallflower

I just read a really good book called Perks Of Being A Wallflower by Stephen Chbosky. In it, a teenage boy named Charlie writes to a person who he doesn't know. He wants to tell someone what is happening in his high school life. One day, at the stadium, during a football game, Charlie meets two new people. They become his first real friends. This book is about Charlie, who is trying to talk to people his own age, trying hard not to be shy and be more active.

What held Charlie back from making friends? Well, Charlie is very shy and doesn't really get involved in any activities. Charlie just can't talk to people because he doesn't know how to act around them. He also held back what happened in the past while his aunt was alive. (You will find out what happened in his past when you read the book.) He has many issues, but is very smart. In his classes, he gets straight As.

I enjoyed reading this book because I can relate to Charlie. When I was in fifth grade, I started a new school. While I was in public school, I was shy and didn't want to participate in any school activities either. I was like Charlie, but just a little bit different. We're both shy and we almost had the same problems in our pasts.

I read this book and I would recommend it. I don't really like realistic books but I did like this story. You might too! Hope you read the book!

No comments:

Post a Comment