Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Handel


I’m learning about a composer named Handel who wrote several great songs. Georg Friederich Handel was born in Saxony(Germany). He was raised by a barbersurgeon and his wife. When he turned twenty-six he moved to England. In 1711, Handel moved to London where he performed his first opera. After that he went on to write nearly fifty other operas.

“Hallelujah Chorus” is a really good song; you might like it. It’s actually my favorite musical piece by Handel. I like it when it says hallelujah over and over again. The music is very famous, some people sing it during Christmas. The song is great for being sung in the winter. It sounds like a baby deer running for the first time when I listened to it. Also, in some parts it sounds like animals running from danger.

            I am also listening to “Glory to the Highest”. It sounds like it could be played at a palace ball. Also, it sounds like a king and queen getting married. When I imagine what this song looks like, I imagine little fairies dancing under the bright moon. Fairies are what I see when I close my eyes!

            “Music for the Royal Fireworks,” is another well-known musical piece by Handel. In the beginning, it sound like the king and queen are arriving. The rest of the song sounds like little people are dancing in the moonlight. You might imagine a palace and people dancing together there. What I imagine are little elves dancing in the night. What do you imagine when you listen to this song?

No comments:

Post a Comment