Tuesday, May 8, 2012

My favorite color!

My favorite color is green. (It's all around us; it's life.) Plants keep us alive and help us breathe. Birds and crows nest in trees in the springtime. When spring comes, flowers bloom and people grow food in their gardens. All of these things come to my mind when I think of my favorite color.



Plants keep us alive because they breathe out oxygen and breathe in carbon dioxide. People cut down trees to use them for paper. Trees and plants are very useful when you stop and think about it. When I sit on the bright green grass under the trees it's calming, when I close my eyes and relax.



Birds nest in tree branches covered by green leaves all of the time. When the birds hatch from their eggs it's always more work for the moms to catch more worms. We hear them chirp and sing. I like to hear them sing, because I like to watch my cat get agitated! Hearing them chirp sometimes gets on my nerves if I want peace and quiet.


Spring is now in season. People are have to cut their green grass. Flowers are blooming, little baby animals are hatching. Farmers are starting to plant their crops. Trees are growing back their green leaves to make the world more colorful. When flowers bloom it fills the spring sky with joy.

Nature keeps us alive and it makes our landscapes look fantastic (like the pictures I showed you). That's why I like green, not just because it goes with my red hair, but for the color it brings to the world surrounding us. If you stop, take a long breath and look, you'll see green things that you haven't noticed before.

No comments:

Post a Comment